At Jamieson Contracting we take our social responsibility very seriously.
We have an ethical approach to conducting our business and stand by our strong core values in everything we do. We are committed to undertaking our projects in accordance with the highest standards in terms of our labour practices, our impact on society and the product we deliver.
We are committed to providing opportunities to local people and contributing to the local economies in which we work by utilising a local supply chain and local purchasing. Jamieson’s engage with communities and education facilities and provide support to local organisations and community groups.
As a company we provide apprentice opportunities, charitable donations and fundraising. We promote environmental sustainability both for our operations and projects and continuously look for new ways to improve. We are dedicated minimising carbon emissions and preventing pollution and are currently working towards carbon neutrality in line with the CIOB initiative for Carbon Action 2050.
- We seek to maximise every opportunity in the area we are working in, to provide both short term and longer term job prospects for the people living in each locality.
- We will also always look to provide both training and apprenticeship opportunities for those we employ and work with other employers, employment agencies, local authorities, and colleges to support training and employment schemes where possible.
- In local schools we look to provide ‘work experience’ placements for young people who are approaching their GCSE’s.
- Treating all clients, especially the elderly, infirm and vulnerable, with respect, accommodating their needs as to access and work arrangements, and where appropriate making referrals to public agencies if it appears that clients need additional support or assistance.
- Treating all clients with respect regardless of age, infirmity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and promoting equality and diversity in all we undertake.
- Working in innovative ways that minimise disruption to both clients and neighbourhoods, and leaving all jobs in a clean and tidy state.
- Minimising our impact on the environment in terms of energy usage, water usage, choice and use of materials, and recycling and promoting awareness of the climate change/carbon reduction agenda.
- Ensure that wherever possible we ensure that suppliers and sub-contractors adopt similar principles and practices to ourselves.
Please download our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy here.